Pioneer CDJ-400 Information & Features
The CDJ-400’s cosmetic design is simple and compact yet elegant with all of its various controls and features located directly on top of the unit.
USB Integration and MP3 Playback
The CDJ-400’s cosmetic design is simple and compact yet elegant with all of its various controls and features located directly on top of the unit. A USB port found on the face of the player allows DJs to play their MP3 music collection from a wide variety of portable music devices such as thumb drives, MP3 players or external hard drives. With the use of a multi-function selector knob/button and its large, bright, dot-matrix LCD display, locating and accessing of files from these types of music devices as well as MP3 music files on CD and CD-R/RW through the CD slot are done with a turn and press of the knob.
DJ Software Compatibility and MIDI Control
With more of today’s DJs utilizing different DJ software for their performances, the CDJ-400 is also equipped with a PC mode. In this mode, the CDJ-400 is a native controller for software such as Pioneer DJS2 computer software and SERATO® Scratch LIVE3. For example, the movement of the pitch slider on the CDJ-400 can control the pitch slider on the computer software and no timecode CD is required for audio control. The player can also act as a MIDI controller where the user can assign virtually every button on the player to trigger functions of various DJ software programs.
World’s First Scratch Jog Effect
A highlight and an advancement of the CDJ-400 is its scratching capability. In addition to traditional “vinyl” mode scratching, Pioneer implemented the World’s First Scratch Jog Effect. Three highlighted buttons, each assigned to a special effect, Bubble, Trans and Wah, creates unique scratching sound effects that can be enabled by the DJ on the fly. A “hold” button was also added to retain the different effects throughout the session or until its release, which can also be triggered at any point of play.
Additional features in the CDJ-400 include:
• Digital Loop functions: A variety of loops can be created for additional audio effects
o Beat Loop: Automatically creates four beat loop based on the beats per minute (BPM) of music currently being played
o Loop Divide: Rhythmically divides the loop in halves to create different patterns
o Hot Loop: Restarts the loop seamlessly from its entry without interruption of the music
• Digital Jog Break: In CD mode the CDJ-400 contains three effects, Jet, Roll and Wah, which further enhances the audio by simply rotating the jog dial. The same buttons for the Scratch Jog Effect are assigned to the Digital Jog Break which are accessible at any point of play
• Tempo Control: Four tempo modes, ±6%, ±10%, ±16% and WIDE4, provide additional speed control with a resolution of 0.02% in the 6% range
• Cue/Loop Points: Up to 10 cue/loop points per disc, for up to 920 discs can be stored in memory
• Jog Indicator: A break in the red halo illumination around the jog wheel provides instantaneous feedback to the DJ
• Customizable Jog Wheel: The top of the jog wheel can be removed enabling the user to add their own customized image
• Digital Output: A digital output is available for a direct connection for clearer sound to a connected mixer
• Resume Function: The function takes effect if a CD is ejected accidentally. Once the DJ re-inserts the disc, it automatically starts playing from exactly the point where it stopped
Pioneer DJM-600 Information & Features
Pioneer DJM600 Professional DJ Mixer W/Sampler
With an impressive range of powerful effects, including auto filter, delay, echo, auto pan, auto transformer, flanger, pitch shifter, reverb and send and return for external effects, the system provides the DJ with all the tools for creating a wide spectrum of exciting and individual sounds.
* Auto BPM Counter
* Auto Beat Sampler
* Auto Beat Effector
* 4 stereo input channels with 3phono 3line and 1line/CD switchable channel
* Independent mic channel XLR input with separate EQ section talk over switch
* Headphone split cueing
* Fader start play
* Separate 3band equalizer for each channel
* 3 types of crossfader curve adjustments
* Balanced and unbalanced XLR/RCA outputs plus a booth monitor output and record output
Auto BPM Counter:
* Auto BPM counter automatically counts displays and tracks BPM a tap button helps with difficult BPMs and a visual readout of a tracks tempo helps to merge one song into another smoothly
Auto Beat Sampler:
* Auto Beat Sampler allows you to sample your favorite sources and play them back easily at the touch of a button
* Sampler BPM is measured digitally and recorded exclusively for designated beats
* Sampler standby mode automatically starts and stops recording in response to the presence and absence of input signal and achieves the correct sampling with perfect timing
* Three sampling playback modes: 1 Single play plays back the recorded sound once only when the button is being pressed; 2 Loop Play plays back the recorded sound repeatedly when the button is pressed; 3 Stretch loop play extends or shortens the recorded sound in accordance with the mixed tracks BPM and plays back the sound repeatedly
Auto Beat Effector:
* Linked to BPM the DJM600 can add effects to each mixer channel and master output independently
* Produce music that makes full use of highlevel DJ techniques by performing quick setting with the Beat Unit Switch button adjusting the precise time parameters or controlling the balance between the effect sounds and the original sounds by varying the mix ratio
* Using the fader it is also possible to leave just the effect sounds without linking to BPM
* Delay effect repeats a sound once with an adjustable tempo
* Echo repeats a sound several times with an adjustable tempo
* Auto Pan automatically shifts the sound to the right and left and is also capable of short auto pan sequences that would be impossible via manual operation
* Auto Trans periodically cuts the sound
* Auto Filter periodically varies the sound color
* FLANGER: Periodically reproduces a sound effect resembling a jet airplane ascending and descending.
* Reverb reproduces a reverberating sound effect
* Pitch shifter allows the interval to be freely varied throughout a range of /1 octave You can compensate for interval changes when using analog turntables or for tempo changes when different makers CD players are used
* External Effects Input send/return connects the mixer to an external effector or sampler of your choice
* Size: 123/8"w x 43/16"h x 14"d.